We're looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team, but not just anyone, a superstar one!
Our values? Refreshing, reliable, resourceful. And with personality. We believe in speaking the same language as our clients (not Shakespearan) and using technology to improve the efficiency of delivering services to them. We believe in applying our legal knowledge and experience to simplify the law world into something that our clients understand. A “cut the crap” and down-to-earth, progressive yet professional firm that clients trust. We want to deliver the reliability, professionalism and quality of traditional legal services minus the intimidation, minus the hidden costs, minus the after-taste of seeing a lawyer. We want to ensure that our clients get what they need, with personable and understanding customer service. You should love your lawyer!
So, basically, our firm is not your typical law firm and doesn’t want to be and, quite honestly, never will be. We are looking for a superstar administrative assistant to assist our fantastic and dynamic but busy team to help out with everything we help our clients do: business, estate planning, estate administration, food, retail and lifestyle law (like restaurants, makeup and fashion). This is a great opportunity to apply your knowledge, skills and experience in a role that will leave you feeling valued, engaged and professionally fulfilled!
Do you have…
- At least 1 year of retail work experience
- Good working knowledge of marketing concepts and social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Linked In
- Willingness to take initiative with the projects on your desk from beginning to end and work independently to take pride in your own work, but know when to ask for help from your teammates without spinning your wheels
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize projects effectively
- Great attention to detail, meticulous and organized (almost overly)
- Computer skills in Word (bullets, formatting, basic troubleshooting), Excel (basic spreadsheets), PowerPoint
- Excellent, pleasant and professional communication skills on the phone, email and in-person
- Hardworking and team-oriented attitude
This is a full-time position, Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 4:30 or 9:00 am to 5:00 pm or 9:30 am to 5:30 pm (we’ll sort out the details). We have a benefits package for all our employees and salary will depend on skills and experience.
Duties will include:
- Greeting and general reception duties (telephones, clients, couriers, deliveries, mail)
- Scheduling and changing appointments and ongoing communications with clients
- Billing, collections and other accounting duties
- Supporting our paralegals and legal administrative staff with stuff that comes up
- General kitchen and boardroom clean-up and tidying
- Drafting emails, letters and documents
- Other related marketing and administrative duties as assigned
In return you will have the opportunity to really progress your career as experience gained in this position and working with us will be highly invaluable and in demand. If you’re interested in pursuing a career in a law firm or in the legal industry, this is a great starting point. As we are a growing company, this position will mostly likely lead to other opportunities within our company. This is a busy position, but in a fun and refreshing culture! Browse our website to learn more, as personality and cultural fit is our number one hiring criteria. Please apply with your resume and cover letter showing off your personality, your available start dates, and answering why you are our Superstar Administrative Assistant by emailing it to Stephanie Hahn.
Free parking is available within walking distance to the office and totally accessible by transit.
We thank everyone who puts in the effort to submit an application but, unfortunately we only have time to contact those candidates who have been selected for an interview.